The New Genuine Impact Logo 📈

If you’ve checked out our open product roadmap then you might have spotted that as well as building Version 2 of the app, we’re also developing a new brand for Genuine Impact.

It’s still a work in progress but we were too excited to keep this under wraps! We’ll explain the thought process behind the logo once it’s finalised. But for now, I’m curious to hear what you see in the logo…And let us your feedback too.

4 Likes

It could be the relaunch of Snake or someone chillin’ out on a deckchair after their epic gains on the stock market today

3 Likes

I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s not floating my boat. It just doesn’t feel very sophisticated to me, which is what GI is aiming to be.

2 Likes

Any examples you have in mind that you can point us towards?

1 Like

Not really, it’s a tough one and I am anything but a graphic designer.

The most beautiful logos I find though are negative space ones, that have a meaning hidden in them - like this one for a publisher, that has the tip of a fountain pen hidden:

I guess that’s why perhaps I am not a fan of your draft. It’s too literal and a bit clunky, something like the above is more subtle. Unfortunately, negative space ones are probably the most difficult to do.

But as I said, I am not a graphic designer.

Here is some inspiration:

4 Likes

Great reference, thanks! We will take a closer look now.

Just a bit of context here, we didn’t intend to throw too much time / money into the logo, which could well be a time and money sink. And we know the logo may well change again a few years later (look at Crowdcube’s rebranding for instance)

So this logo is literally one day’s work for us. We did carefully choose the blue as our main colour to make the visuals in the 2.0 App better and more eye-catching.

Focusing on the product and the App UX & design is a much higher priority at this stage of our business, we reckon.

But the ones in your reference do look very fancy :bridge_at_night:

We will see what we can do

3 Likes

Agree, there is more to a startup than a fancy logo. Just giving you my thoughts and I’ll leave it in your more than capable hands! :wink:

2 Likes

It looks like a father teaching his child how to live his life. :grin:

1 Like

The Snake is something none of us ever even anticipated :joy:

2 Likes

Interesting! Something we did read out ourselves as well.

1 Like

Looks like a trader sitting in front of his desk to me, which is a bit contrarian to the « on-the-go/mobile first » aspirations of GI users?

1 Like

That’s interesting observation! Our original thinking is to have the person immersed in the “G”, aka our services and tools. And the person is the “i”.

2 Likes

Colour scheme reminds me of the coinbase logo

2 Likes

yeah blue is very popular for Apps, if not too much :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Blue is a bit overdone if you ask me. I would personally stick with green, it’s associated with prosperity - which is what people hope to achieve from stock trading etc.

However, I would go for a fresher shade of green to make it a bit more modern and playful. The current green is a bit glum.

1 Like

Not teal or neon mint. That’s so last year

1 Like

Hi Alex,

A good logo…I could see a G & I which represent Genuine Impact. I am also able to see a rectilinear chart which looks to represent the movement of share price…The combination of the chart and G and I looks like an investor working on his laptop

2 Likes

:tada: I was wondering when someone would spot this.

2 Likes

Hi Alex,

Can the rectilinear graph be in Green color indicating growth and prosperity

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I like your reasoning but we’ll have to check whether green fits the colour palette for our brand too of course. We’ll give it a go!

2 Likes